The DASH SA Mission
To establish itself in SA as a development agent for:
- The health & safety profession in order to enhance, protect and promote those individuals and institutions who serve the interest of the profession,
- The employer in order to create a culture of health & safety within the work environment,
- The employee in order to educate and communicate about their basic rights enshrined in the Constitution of the RSA that safety and health is not a function, but a way of life,
To establish itself as a support function for:
- The Training and Education Institutions to continuously develop and improve the level of education afforded to HSE practitioners.
- Voluntary & Professional Bodies and Institutions who serve the HSE profession through the promotion, protection and development of the profession.
The objectives of the Development Agency are to:
- Create defined, strategic development programs in focus industry sectors.
- Promote economic growth by actively contribute to safe and healthy business environments.
- Turn around increasing injury trends by generating shared visions for future development, and encouraging safety & health management partnerships.
- Develop local potential in marginalised areas to promote access to jobs and markets.
- Encourage a culture of Quality Work Life.
- Promote economic empowerment through the structuring and free distribution of Development Agency Safety and Health Programs.
- Support productive development partnerships and co-operation between all stakeholders in these areas.